How to Download Your Files by Logging Into Your Account
- Login to your account.
- You’ll see a list of your available download files that you have purchased. Download each file by clicking the Download button below each file name. In the image below the red arrow points to an example of the Download button as it would appear in your account dashboard.
I Downloaded My Files but I Can’t Find Them
If you have not changed your browser settings, your files will automatically go into your Downloads folder on your computer. Locate your Downloads folder to find your files. You can then import your files into iTunes or another audio or video player, or transfer the files to a device.
View Your Order History
To view your order history, after logging into your account, click Order History.
iPad and iPhone Users
Because of Apple’s restrictions, you cannot download directly to an iPad or iPhone without adding apps to your device. Apple limits direct downloads to products purchased EXCLUSIVELY from the APPLE STORE. So you’ll have to do some extra work to get your files onto your device. You have a couple of options:
Option 1: Download to your computer first
Download your files to your computer and then you can transfer the files to your device using iTunes. If you don’t know how to do this, there are some instructions below, but we recommend you consult the latest Apple documentation as the software changes frequently.
Option 2: Use 3rd Party Apps
There are apps you can download to manage, view and download files on your device.
- Winzip will allow you to download and extract zip files.
- WeDownload will allow you to download and view files
- More info about getting around Apple’s restrictions.
We are not responsible for problems with any 3rd party software on your device and cannot provide support, but most companies provide their own software support.
How to Extract Zip Files (for PC)
Using a zip file allows you to download your content quickly. Getting files or folders out of a compressed/zip file is known as “extracting” them.
- Select “save” or “save as” if prompted when your download begins. Never select “open” or “run”. Be sure to remember the location where your zip file is being downloaded (your Desktop is a good location).
- Once your download is complete, locate and right-click the file, select “Extract All” and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- You will then be able to open each individual song file (songs will play in your default media player).
How to Extract Zip Files (for Mac)
If you’re using OS X or later, you should be able to double click the file name to open the file.
- Click the download now link to download the file.
- Your browser defaults to saving the file in the download folder. If you have changed the default settings, it will ask you where to save the file. Pick a location you’ll remember.
- Go to the folder you downloaded the file to.
- Double click the .zip file you just downloaded. For our example, we’ll call it mercury.zip. This will “open the archive” and create a new folder with the same name as the file name in the same directory you’re in. In this case, we’re in the downloads directory and our new folder is named mercury.
How to Add Your Files to iTunes
- Open iTunes.
- Select File, then Add to Library.
- Navigate to the file or to the folder you created while unzipping (in our zip example above, the folder name is “mercury” in the downloads directory). Click either the file or folder name once and then click Open. This will add the file or folder to your iTunes library.
- Now you can create a playlist. Click the + sign at the bottom left. Click New Playlist.
- Name your playlist.
- Click Music (top of left column).
- Search for Steven Forrest, or search for one word from the name of the workshop you downloaded (in our example we’ll search for Mercury).
- Drag all of the new files to your playlist. They will automatically be in order, but if you don’t have iTunes set to show you the track numbers, it’s easy to get confused. If you don’t see the track number, Hold the ctrl key and click the column names. Then select Track number. That will put a checkmark by track number and add it to your displayed columns. You can then see what order the tracks should be in and make sure they’re in order in your playlist.
How to Unzip zip files on Android Phones
It is possible to unzip zip files on an Android phone, but you’ll need an app, like the one mentioned in this WeTransfer help article Downloading .zip files on your Android phone or tablet.
Need More Help?
Please contact us if you need further assistance.